Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      woefulconfusion
      Participant

I came back from a refuge as it was to far away my son was having a really hard time . my support worker was off ill and I never felt supported just more and more lonely . I had a pet here and felt guilty as she wasn’t being looked after probably by family members . I have been back a while when my ex came round and lied about how much he has changed how he’s missed us and can’t live without u (detail removed by moderator) .I can’t find my phone for a couple of days and I’m just left not being able to move from the sofa I am stupid I’m crushed I can’t believe after months off him not being here he don’t change and I’m back left in square one the only go blessing was my older son wasn’t here to witness him like that again . he’s still in control and I don’t want to be here anymore .. I’m so scared to report him as I let him in .. it’s my fault I don’t know what’s wrong with me and why I can’t be strong enough to just get rid of him instead of wanting to believe his lies . I’m so lost atm and I don’t know what to do . I wish I didn’t leave the refuge least I could sleep there and wasn’t this nervous wreak

Escapee
      Participant

It sounds like you have had a horrific time – how dare he treat you like that!

Absolutely report this to the police. Get an order to stop him coming around to your home or anywhere near you.

Also call your support worker.

Don’t feel bad for letting him in – they are master manipulators.

Nobody will or should judge you, the professionals know the cycle and how difficult this whole process is for us.

Keep posting, sending you a big hug and strength. Xxxx

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the police and report him. It doesn’t matter if you let him in. That’s not a crime. What he did to you is. Report him. The police can help. I reported my ex, got bail conditions to keep him away. We all get fooled by their acting, it’s oscar winning, you need a support network and the police are part of that x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content