Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sleepypigeon
      Participant

This week has been never ending and very stressful.
      With the ex continuing to contact people I am connected to.
      I had a scan (unrelated) at the hospital and it brought back memories of a time I was in hosp after something that had happened with him. My daughter is going through worries with friends, return to school etc. My work has been stressful for a variety of reasons, and Internet at home not working and will be out for while (more stress from kids) just feel like everything going wrong. I’m trying to get by but it’s like walking in quicksand, I’m getting knowhere fast, and more keeps getting piled on top.
      I feel I’m desperately trying to cling onto life and everything is slipping away. I don’t want to give up, but everything is feeling impossible right now.
      I heard myself talking to my daughter earlier, giving advice, things will get better, try this try that, but I don’t even think I believed me….

fizzylem
      Participant

Hi SP, sounds familiar, can relate so well. All we can do is put one foot forward when feeling this way, and rest when we simply don’t have it. It sounds to me though that you are lacking in support. When I have felt this way I have called victim support, the WA helpline or the samaritians for emotional support – really does help because you can say to them what you feel uncomfortable saying to friends and family. I’ve also learnt to pull in my support, practical, emotional, those that can give me info, those that just help me to feel a bit better.

There’s also a stage most of us go through, we realise we can’t deal with him alone and that there are others to deal with him for us, like the police. Are you trying to deal with this alone? Not uncommon if you are. I carried on for years not knowing how to deal with it and him, going round in circles – it never even entered my head I could get the police or others to help; is this where you are right now? If so victim support is a good one to call, totally anonymous so you are free to speak openly, let it all out, and they also have information on your options.

Hang in there, it takes time yes, but it does get better eventually, the trick is to pull in all the support you need to help you get through and to the otherside. When we feel supported we can do anything, it turns feeling unable to cope into feeling I can do this x

Hetty
      Participant

I know that feeling. Recently I’ve had mounting problems thrown at me. Felt like nothing was going right. On top of all the normal life stuff that’s hard as a single parent. Honestly, I just spent/am spending time doing small things that give me a sense of achievement like organising my house, spring cleaning etc. Might sound daft really but something about feeling in control of the little things. I’ve also been listening to a quick five minute meditation on YouTube every morning before I get out of bed. No matter what life throws at us now at least we aren’t living in that nightmare.
      I try to keep a balance of reminding myself of why I left and the bad times to keep me focused on moving forward but not too much. I find if I do think too much I feel all the feelings (anxiety, nausea) like when I was with my ex.
      One day at a time ❤️

Sleepypigeon
      Participant

In some ways this is worse than before. Anxiety and like I have no freedom. I should feel elated I’m out not trapped and alone.
      Friends don’t understand and I feel I can’t or won’t moan to them, no one wants to listen to that. Getting through each day is a bonus just now. I will focus on small things and keeping going for my kids as I do. I no lockdonw magnifies everything and some ways is a good excuse (although not good) to stay in.
      The police will not help if there is no threat, or he has not come near me. I have recorded all interactions with others in case I need this information. I hope I don’t. I have spoke to wa and have a Councillor booked for Monday. A few sessions but its a start. It’s the times between this when this is so isolating x.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content