Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Muna
      Participant

Why does he get to choose when I can have s good day. When I have plans or he knows I have something important and need to have a clear mind he completely destroys my confidence and I’m a wreck. I’m losing friends because I can’t enjoy time with them and I’m miserable and if it carries on I’ll lose my job. He stops me leaving the house so I’m late and stressed and feel conscious all day about my make up hair and clothes. People keep asking why I’m so sad. But I’m not when he lets me have a good day. I don’t know who I am anymore

Serenity
      Participant

I lived through that.

He deliberately upset me when I had something important to go to. He loved to unnerve me before work.

I don’t want to worry you, but he won’t improve. As time goes on, they get worse. They end up virtually destroying you.

Can you not get out? x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Muna

I am going through the exact same thing. It is as if they just cant stand us being happy and if you are happy, they will find a way to take it away.

Not sure how someone can still think it is normal to behave the way they do.

Please do not allow him to destroy you, we all deserve to be happy

xox

Muna
      Participant

So this mornings argument was because I want to make a gp appt because I’m in pain… He was actually searching online for home remedies! I’m now allowed to go but he’s in a sulk. Once upon a time I would have thought this was normal and everyone went through these issues, women’s aid has opened my eyes so much. I just wish there was an easy way to know what steps to take next

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content