Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jarvo
      Participant

My on of partner ends up building trust then taking advantage of how much trust I give him.
      Today he told me I shouldn’t speak about my thoughts, feelings, opinions. But just (detail removed by moderator) ago he was warm, calm and kind when I spoke about how scared and fearful I am about being judged, dismissed, invalidated and ignored by him.

Watersprite
      Participant

I’m sorry you are experiencing this – you deserve to be free and able to express all your thoughts feelings opinions and desires. Read up on psychological abuse and gaslighting. You deserve better x

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s because they value themselves above the people they are with, your feelings thoughts and opinions don’t count to them and the fact you might be going through something will either be used against you at a later date to hurt you or will be seen as an annoyance or hindrance to them because they only care about themselves, their thoughts, their feelings, their wants and their needs and in turn they expect you to care about all those things about them too, but don’t expect the same back cos that’s not how they function, if you see them as a human Hoover then you’ve got some idea of exactly what your dealing with in a person, it’s just the way they are, they can “act” nice but it’s only for a reason or benefit, they “act” feelings, they don’t feel them properly, they have to be around empathetic people as both fuel to take from them and to learn how to act caring cos they can’t feel properly (you’d be surprised how many people in society have this issue) he’s clearly a manipulator (maybe sociopathic?) your tears are indicating you need support so it’s time for you to get that from a domestic abuse worker who can put you in touch with a counselling service or even your gp, cos going through this can make you feel like your going through some kind of cold turkey, depression/anxiety and even feel like your going insane, that’s the effect abusers can have on us, if he’s affecting you like this then he’s toxic and lacking in empathy and they are the most damaging people to have in your life, please cut him out and never let him darken you door/life again, I know it’s really hard but it’s the only way you have a chance at a decent life/future 💖💞💖

Jarvo
      Participant

A while since I posted. he’s now saying he’s not enough for me and I’ll never be happy with him.
      He tells me I can’t separate fantasy from reality but he’s always looking at women like sexual entities. Something for him to fantasise and desire.
      I’m the one not enough for him.
      (detail removed by moderator) I walked in to him looking at naked women.
      (detail removed by moderator) he was telling me he’s satisfied with me. Im so confused.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content