Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      missgiddypants
      Participant

hope this is allowed Lisa ,documentary on BBC 1 tonight 9 Pm ,about domestic abuse and the way it is handled by the police ,the lack of consistency in sentence given to some offenders could be interesting for those of you finding He got away with all the abuse he dished out x

Hopesprings
      Participant

Thanks. Has that been on before?

missgiddypants
      Participant

No I think it,s a new one ,it was shot over the course of a year following 3 women x

Hopesprings
      Participant

Cheers. I watched something about Dv recently on the bbc can’t remember what it was called.

godschild
      Participant

Thankyou for sharing that

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you!

Hopesprings
      Participant

I was emotional from the get go with that! What amazing ladies those three are. Shows what a joke the justice system can be! But glad to see they are all doing well and well on their way to becoming abuse free. Hopefully those three brave women have saved loads more.

godschild
      Participant

Have just watched it and cannot beleive the so called “justice system “, what an utter joke they are.
      I have not have that physical abuse , only been hit once awful to see and the one Man who kept harrasing her just let off its an utter joke, I feel infuriated.
      The voice mail messages with foul language affected me as I have had that sort of talk.
      It was so good that they showed and portrayed how the Women still love the abusers and show its not that easy to break free.
      I burst into tears when the one saw him in court and went to pieces, I am on and off with how I feel, its so hard.
      I was terrified and in shock at one hit, I was so afraid , I cannot imagine surving such beatings, then to get little justice.

Ayanna
      Participant

I agree. This was such a trigger. My abuser also got very little for all the abuse he has done to me.

godschild
      Participant

My heart go out to you Ayanna and all the other ladies who have had injustice

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

I didnt even know that was on just saw post now , what was program called will try to google up on iplayer

godschild
      Participant

It was called behind closed doors, and was on BBC 1 at 9pm last night

Doglover99
      Participant

I watched this last night and it was shocking viewing, a real eye opener of what really goes on behind closed doors. Those brave ladies willing to bring these men to justice for what they’d done.

What would be interesting is if they made a programme about emotional and psychological abuse as well. We don’t always have bruises to show for what we’ve gone through.

Herindoors
      Participant

I watched it and it just reminded me how lightly I got off really. Feel so much for those brave women! I wish they had included a little section on trauma bonding etc…to explain why the women still seemed so attached to the men that hurt them. It worried me that viewers would think ‘well it can’t have been that bad’ depsite seeing the horrific injuries they suffered. Or the viewers thinking the women must be ‘stupid’ to still love them. Even if they had just mentioned the key words of trauma bonding, gaslighting and such like, some viewers would have looked them up and got a better understanding of how abuse works. It might have helped them help someone else!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content