Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Yellowflower
      Participant

So today I had an interview for a job. I was so nervous I knew I was capable of doing the job but my self confidence is in tatters at the moment. I feel worthless so to go to a job interview and kind of have to sell yourself was really hard. But I put one foot in front of the other took a deep breath and did it… a short while after they phoned me to say I had got the job! I actually cried because I’d done it.. I had made the choice to try and battle by demonds and believe in myself and it’s paid off. Today is a good day and I’m going to stand tall. Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come I really hope. Maybe just slightly I may be able to start believing in myself now.

Escapee
      Participant

That is amazing news!!!! Well done you! That is such a huge achievement. 💕

Onwards and upwards!!! ♥️

HunkyDory
      Participant

Great news! Well done Yellowflower. You got the job not believing in yourself. Imagine how you’ll be when you’re on top form – you’ll smash it 💐👍xx

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Congratulations this is really positive news! Well done on believing in yourself and going for it. I have just arranged to volunteer in a new sector for me as they have some jobs and I’m looking for a part time role to get back into work to hopefully one day be able to support myself again. It makes me feel nervous in case I find it too tiring or don’t like it but I’m also looking forward to it and am proud of myself for not giving up and trying something new.

Did you mention that you have experienced domestic abuse in your application and/or interview? I have several gaps in my CV due to mental health and then domestic abuse and often want to mention it to explain the gaps but I also know I need to come across as positive and not sound too negative about my past.

Let us know how it goes and remember to celebrate this achievement!

savingthestars
      Participant

Congratulations, your strong will gives inspiration to those in your place. I think its amazing when I hear women that can be in the mud but scrub themselves with very little to become clean. Well done

KIP.
      Participant

OMG I’m so happy for you. This is my goal too. You’re so inspiring. Keep going and build on everything from now on. It’s your life!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content