Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      xpeacex
      Participant

Hi, would family court allow for mt ex’s name be removed from my son’s birth certificate as he is not biology dad. Part of abuse pressuring to be on certificate and now I feel like I let my son down. Only (age removed by moderator) years old and ex is biology dad of daughter. In contact with biology dad of my son and we will ask court for dna tests to be done.
      Please can anyone help cos apparently its rare to remove named father from a birth certificate.
      I feel so disappointed in myself and worry for my son.

xpeacex
      Participant

Meant say biological not biology. Oops

fizzylem
      Participant

Sorry I have no experience or knowledge but decided to reply as like you say, this is rare. I imagine you will need a solicitor and the DNA results, not sure if you’d need family court for this? If he’s not the biological father then there must be a procedure for removing him from the birth cert. I would call the registrar where you registered the birth and ask there x

diymum@1
      Participant

i know you can put fathers on so im sure you can take him off especially if hes not the biological father. id imagine you would need a DNA not sure how it works as far getting his consent for the blood test. as long as you can prove he is abusive id imagine this would be the best way forward xxxx

White Rose
      Participant

Hi peace
      Yea you can. But only after proof that he’s not the biological father by DNA test and it all has to be through courts. I think he has to consent to test and he might withdraw that consent.
      I know you know your baby’s true biological dad but sometimes we get surprised by test results so if you do decide to go down this route please make sure ypu do it with support and pre-test counselling. I only say this as I heard of someone who was convinced her child’s dad was man A, he disagreed and said he wasn’t the father, pushed for paternity test and he was right. She was absolutely shocked and it took her a while to accept and come to terms with the true identity of her child’s father.
      Remember though he’s your son regardless and really that’s what matters xxxx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content