Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

As I walked with my daughter this afternoon.
      I asked her to speak when she finds the time to do so after…are finished.
      She needs to describe the situation at home.
      And I am going back to Freedom Program next week, I need to.

I seem resilient, strong, driven…but under all that wall of toughness hides despair.

You know what? I read posts on this forum, I read and read and read and it makes me feel so sad to see what goes on in the world…those men, God knows I hate them all…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Bridget,
      Please don’t despair. Where there is life there is hope, my granny used to say. Every kind word, ounce (25 grams 😉 ) of support here is helping someone else who’s having an awful time, and you do lots of that 🙂
      No need to be tough all the time. You’ll not break if you are vulnerable SO LONG as you take special care of yourself at those times.
      I hope you found some peace and saw some good things happen today.
      Much love S xx

Hi Swallow,
        I did manage to see some good tonight, because I visited my friend and learned a new skill, I helped her and we did great things together and I also sang with her son, he loved it, he was sent to bed later on but kept coming back to ask how did your song go again??
        He is a cutie. Lovely little lad.
        So despite feeling low, I managed to make people laugh, sing and did help in a particular project which made me master something totally new!!! 😃
        I came back home singing and whistling (which he doesn’t allow) and said to myself he can s.d off if he thinks I am going to muffle my obvious happiness!
        My hands are made for helping
        And that’s just what they’ll do
        One of these days these hands
        Are gonna wave bye-bye to you…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content