Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ladiesand gentlemen
      Participant

My husband blames me for everything !!!!
      Whatever I do or say he makes it sound like my fault, he will never take responsibility for anything at all !!!!
      Now he will not allow my relatives to visit, he ignores me unless someone outside the home is listening !!! he is two faced, Jekyll and Hyde, charming to the neighbours etc and as horrific as can be indoors !!!
      He will never stand up for me or our daughter and treats us both as if we are nothing at all !!!
      He wants me to behave as if everything is ok,and then calls me names, throws things including his weight around !!! he hurts himself to make out I did it !!!!
      He is determined to finish me one way or another, my health is very poor since I have been with him, he used to make out he cared. Now couldn’t care less !!!!

Bananaboat
      Participant

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing this, it’s exhausting isn’t it. I always describe mine as jekyl and Hyde too. Have you read the books ‘why does he do that’ by Lundy Bancroft and ‘living with the dominator’ by pat craven? What you describe is classic abuse and control, you and your daughter deserve so much more. It’s a journey to leave which some do quickly and some take years, and if you haven’t already then reach out for support, womansaid chat is fantastic xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

Oh i have this sweetie. My god my hudband can charm the pants off anyone my parents adore him and tell me how lucky i am how i fell on my feet that someone like me has someone like him.
      If only the outside world could see what really happens could hear what they call us, how they treat us what a shock it would be.
      Im also to blame for everything that goes wrong everything. These men know exactly what they are doing its like they all read the same book.
      I have no answers sweetie I really dont but all I can say is read, learn understand and talk as much as you can dont try and do this alone its too hard, reach out for support, learn to trust your instincs read about the cycle of abuse so you can arm yourself with the strength to cope, above all else keep yourself safe.
      Sending you much love and support xxxxx

ladiesand gentlemen
      Participant

Thank you SO much ladies
      I have decided to not talk to him at all now, that way I cant possibly be accused of anything !!!
      Stay safe x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content