Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Balloons
      Participant

Hi everyone, I just had a lightbulb moment! I’ve been reading so many books on abuse as recommended to me by you all, and none of the descriptions seemed quite right to me. Until I just read about Mr. Sensitive in Lundy Bancrofts Why Does He Do That? Finally I’ve found something that makes sense to me! No real reason for sharing other than wanted to share my positive moment with you all x

iliketea
      Participant

Yes, I read Mr Water Torturer last night. PING! About to reread the whole book. Do you have children? The one about children is also really good and an eye opener. There’s a separate post about books to read on here somewhere. xx

Balloons
      Participant

I do have children – which book is that? xx

iliketea
        Participant

@Balloons – “When Dad Hurts Mom: Helping Your Children Heal the Wounds of Witnessing Abuse”…another fun bedtime read… a lot about emotional/psychological abuse. The Trauma Recovery Centre also has good resource suggestions for children, there’s a very good shorter one The Simple Guide to Child Trauma: What It Is and How to Help (Simple Guides)
        Betsy de Thierry. from the woman who set up TRC if the Lundy book is too big – its quite thick but readable. Both on Amazon.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content