Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      hurt and broken
      Participant

iv stayed quiet for so long I’m a mother of (detail removed by Moderator) recently I had a new baby I have (detail removed by Moderator) to my ex husband he was a very toxic person than I got with my current husband he was so perfect at the start but slowly the abuse started a punch here a slap there than it started getting worse..I ended up having (detail removed by Moderator) and things got better and he vowed never to hit me the verbal abuse was always there though,I than fell pregnant again and found out at (detail removed by Moderator) weeks that my husband had cheated that broke me really badly never felt so alone but I still stood by him..at this point he still hadnt touched me I had my baby girl abit early and she was in icu my husband didn’t support us at all..my baby is now (detail removed by Moderator) old and (detail removed by Moderator) after a long time my husband hit me..he pushed me 3 times and strangled me I feel utterly broken and I don’t know what to do..he is the best with the children but with me it’s a differnt story he says he loves my but I know that’s untrue you don’t harm things you love i just want some advice about what to do i can’t stop crying and I’m in shock

Mellow
      Blocked

I’m so sorry this is not healthy and I’ve been here I have many children too but I thought the behaviour was normal or let it slide I found out he was emotionally cheating I will leave now you must speak to a domestic support worker in your area only if you feel comfortable though (detail removed by Moderator)  so find a way to leave I’ve been here he nearly broke one of my limbs and hit me in jaw I let him off every time then I decided to get him to leave if he dosent go I will

hurt and broken
      Participant

walking away isn’t an issue for me I left my ex toxic husband after him this one came along and filled in the void for them..he adores the kids but it’s me he has a problem with he was never like this at the start he was my best friend my everything but than he started cheating and his paranoia took over and he started hitting me..putting me down and calling me alsorts..(detail removed by Moderator)

KIP.
      Participant

Strangulation is one step away from murder. It’s on the list of risk assessments questions the police ask if they’re called. This man is extremely dangerous. He’s not a good father at all. A man who strangles the mother of his children is a danger to them. Please call the national domestic abuse helpline or your local womens aid for support. Talk to your GP and get his abuse noted. It will help you in future as it will be documented. Start a secret journal too. I’d send emails to myself of incidents. Reach out to family or friends you can trust. Abuse always gets worse. Have you read Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven?

KIP.
      Participant

I’d also ring the police, the domestic abuse unit and talk to them. Or you can make an appointment and visit with support. Don’t discuss anything with your partner. Abusers are liars and manipulators. The very first time he abused you he gave you permission to leave x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content