Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I have just ordered this book, having practised different self-compassion meditations in the past.

I’m hoping it might have some insights on how to deal with things differently,
      as a mum as I get very stressed about it sometimes.

anyone fancy joining me in a mini-book club?

all best
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Sounds like a plan FTC, not sure when I’ll join in, it’s taking what energy I’ve left over just now,to post some days. I didn’t think/realise, the lead up to leaving is so draining. It’s all the deceit I suppose.
      💞 IWMB

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I don’t think I’m suitable for buddhist methods but I won’t mind to read about it if you share your knowledge in here…

no probs you two. totally understand about feeling drained before leaving…
      will try to do a potted version of it on here when it arrives eh
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Thank you FTC, enlightenment comes from many places, having the strength and courage to put it into practice comes from within. (My saying 😉)
      IWMB 💞💞

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I’ll absolutely be interested in hearing about it too. I read loads of Buddhist literature when I was a teenager, and it’s really stuck with me. Some very beautiful feelings come from those moments when you meet peace.

I think it’s gorgeous that you’re going to be able to share it with your little one (s).

For anyone that likes a bit of sci-fi, without it being really technical, and more of a story I’d recommend Becky Chambers – The long way to a small angry planet.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear ftc

I’m always interested in hearing ways of healing, and your best bits from this too.

I was thinking this yesterday, a place where women can share the key things that made the biggest positive difference.

Enjoy your reading

Warmest wishes TS

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thx Ebonyraven for sharing the book Becky Chambers – The long way to a small angry planet, I like it, I am going to order it. Nice bookclub you started FTC ☺️📚

Just received this book through the post. Hoping to find a few quiet hours to read a bit over bank holiday. It has a lovely front cover.
      Will report back – with an appreciative but critical eye. Don’t want this to sound like a book promotion. I am genuinely on the search for further practices that might be useful, reduce anxiety etc.
      all best will be in touch on this thread about it
      ftc
      x

Just thought I would offer this from the back cover…

“Parenthood can be a time of great inner turmoil for a woman. Yest parenting books invariably focus on nurturing children rather than the mothers who struggle to raise them. This book is different. It is a book for mothers…”

Sounds hopeful doesn’t it?

all best
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Like the sound of that. How you enjoy iut ftc.💞💞

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content