Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      marmaladechamp
      Participant

I was walking back to my car and his brother was coming down the road. After the initial panic I just carried on walking and didn’t acknowledge that I’d saw him. He made a sarcastic comment when we passed each other when he realised I wasnt going to stop and talk.

It shook me a bit just because it’s the first time I’ve seen a member of his family so it was the shock more than anything else. I was also worried he would try to make a scene or get annoyed at me.

I didn’t want to stop because what on earth would I say? I didn’t want to be interrogated as to why i left and why i refuse to talk to my ex. I was also worried if I said I left because my ex was abusing me it would aggravate the situation and my ex would either keep trying to contact me or get revenge.

KIP.
      Participant

I wouldn’t have either. You have every right not to talk to who you choose. You don’t need to explain yourself to him or anyone x his sarcasm proves you did the right thing . Hold your head high x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content