Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      keepgoing
      Participant

Hi,

I feel really lonely and although I’m trying to open up more to friends and family I feel they don’t understand. I left weeks ago now, staying with family which I don’t even have a room of my own but at least I can feel relaxed about not having to deal with his mood swings etc. The main issue for me is the many messages he sends me every day begging, pleading, threatening to commit suicide ect. I feel totally weighted down with the stuff he’s saying to me, guilty almost. I’ve had to involve police recently to do a safety check on his threats of killing himself. On top of this our daughter doesn’t want to stay overnight with him and he’s blaming me! Please tell me he’ll eventually stop I’m worried he comes to my work or something soon.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi keepgoing, what an apt name, it’s all any of us can do isn’t it🙂
      No one can really truly understand what you’re going through unless they have lived with an abuser😪 I’m pleased that you’re able to relax more now. He is harassing you and emotionally manipulation you wirth threats of killing himself. You did right by contacting the police, this proves a few things,
      he’s mentally at risk, so needs help,
      He’s trying to guilt you into taking him back.
      Either way, he’s a grown up and is responsible for his actions. We can only look after our own well being and happiness at the end of the day. By doing this he’s also letting the authorities think he’s not suitable enough for a child to be around. Don’t force your child to stay with him overnight, threats of killing himself are bad enough for an adult to deal with, I can’t imagine how a child would react to these threats or worse, finding him ‘just in time’. By not letting your child go, you’re protecting her to the best of your ability.
      Can you get his means of contact to one method only, say a spare phone, that way you can block the amount of time he contacts you and also save any abusive texts he may send.
      Good luck, sending you strength to deal with this.
      May the goddess protect you.

IWMB 💕💕

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Ps meant to say if you ask him to stop contacting you(do it by text, then there’s proof you’ve asked him)and he doesnt listen, repeat it again and if he still continues you can contact the police. So long as you don’t enter into a t*t for tat, they should be able to get a harassment order set up. Your local WA usually have solicitors they use and could advise you on this too. Best of luck
      IWMB 💕💕

keepgoing
      Participant

Thank you for your advice, I’ve got him down to one message source and muted him so that’s much better. I’ve kept all his messages anyway I just pray for the day he leaves me to live my life x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content