Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      EbonyRaven
      Participant

I didn’t have a chance to post about this yesterday. There’s been a butterfly overwintering in my bathroom. I’ve been careful not to disturb it when I dust where it was hanging on the ceiling. (Artex).
      After I stepped out of the shower yesterday morning, it was fluttering around the room. It hadn’t moved all winter until then.
      Such a powerful symbol of awakening and freedom for me, and a memory I shall call on in the darker days.

KIP.
      Participant

I always think of domestic abuse survivors as butterflies. We were trapped in a cocoon as a brown lifeless dusty insect but boy what a transformation when we break free. Fly high butterfly 🦋

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Wow, if that’s not a sign right there. That’s such a strong picture of hope you’ve given Ebony,moran taing (thank you)
      IWMB 💕💕

diymum@1
      Participant

Sometimes when we’ve gone through so much we look at nature more carefully. It makes us appreciate. At times when I had awful events pending I always seemed to see that their was a rainbow xx definitely a good sign 🌈💪xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thank you for sharing this EbonyRaven, I love butterflies, I’ve got one in my bathroom too, but one made out of textil to put into my hairs. I bought it the day I went to court to give me strength, I kept it afterwards and look at it every day. It’s just beautiful. 🦋💕

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content