Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hellohellohello111
      Participant

I’m not sure if I have been emotionally abused by my ex.
      I met him (detail removed by moderator) ago and I fell in love with him and he told me he loved me too this was the (detail removed by moderator) we met.
      The first time we met we were talking about past relationships and I explained that I just left a abusive relationship and I lost my kids and my house and job. The first time we met he asked me to move away with him.
      When we kept meeting up he would ask me to come round but asked me to bring drugs and alcohol too even though he knew I was in a bad place and he knew I was using drugs to self medicate. He knows I have ptsd and emotionally unstable personality disorder. Anyway I moved in with him in (detail removed by moderator) as he promised me security and that he would support me and stand by me. One day when we were both drinking and taking drugs he accused me of talking to other guys online. This made me panic as I gave up my own security for him which was help with temporary accommodation from the council and he new this and he new that if I refused the councils help they wouldn’t help me again. So we had an argument (detail removed by moderator)  The next thing I knew I (detail removed by moderator). I did it without thinking and that scared me. He called the police and I was arrested. We kept meeting after that taking drugs and drinking etc. I’m not with him now but is this abuse? He used me for all my money for drugs and alcohol and other stuff. I’m not sure if he loved me or pretended to love me. Is it abuse??

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hellohellohello111

I just wanted to show you some support. I am sorry to hear about what you have been through. He was not supportive at all, he accused you of something that is not true and he used you for money which is financially abusive.

It may be a good idea to get some support from your local domestic abuse service if you haven’t already https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Take care and keep posting,

Lisa

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Hellohellohello111, It’s abit tricky to understand what has happened now that your post has been moderated but what does come across is that you are quite vulnerable. You have already been in one abusive relationship and possibly in a second one too. I’m wondering if you might benefit from a programme that helps you to recognise abuse. You’re local DV charity should be able to help you with this. Please do consider giving them a call or talking to your GP for advice.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content