Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

With the missing him feeling and the fact that he wernt who I thought he were its just hitting me like a brick wall…any advice please x

Serenity
      Participant

My advice : however painful, we need to realise that we fell in love with the ‘pretend them’ or our hopes and dreams for them- not the reality.

They are like a present- all shiny and attractive at first, but when you open it up, the present is rubbish, or the parcel is empty.

Like the parcel, our abusers weren’t who we hoped. They aren’t anything like we dreamed, and even might be completely empty inside.

We fell in love with their lies and promises. We also fell in love with our own beautiful hopes.

Let us transfer that beauty and hope elsewhere- to ourselves, our kids- but definitely away from him.

Serenity
      Participant

It’s like picking the rosiest and most appealing apple, and biting into it and realising it is rotten and full of maggots.

Do you keep on eating it, and get sick? Or do you chuck it away, and go and eat more healthy food?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content