Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      dancing in the rain
      Participant

Wondering why I started it. Should I have just carried on dealing with mr nasty and just made sure I spent more time on my own, but then I know I would have had grief for that…..

I’m exhausted and emotionally drained. He says he’s going to leave, then he doesn’t, then he says he will, then he says I should…. I want to book somewhere for a month’s respite but then I worry about my daughter and my pets….

My daughter struggles with anxiety and is getting down about wanting to go to uni and not believing she can get enough UCAS points. I don’t think I’ve got any emotional capacity left to deal with this and I feel that I’m letting her down.

How do I get out of this pit? Feeling hopeless. Everything aches, can’t think straight, can’t stop drinking, just want to disappear into a whole and hide.

Cecile
      Participant

me too! I feel just like you. Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse I was told today that I have a very serious health problem and one other really bad thing happened financially.I have also experienced immense personal tragedy of the worse kind this year, before all this.

And yes I want to scream and cry but that is better than being numb and paralysed emotionally which I have been for years, until I started telling people about him.

some once said to me- seven o’clock doesn’t last forever. Every crisis resolves itself. Time moves on. When you have no emotional resources left and can’t stoke the fires of energy then its hard. Tell someone is the first step, which you have done. Then make a list of small steps you can take to start resolving things. As the others advise hee, baby steps. It really does work. No worrying required. Even start with telling yourself that you will treat yourself to watching a film tonight, and take some actions- however small- tomorrow. Or buy a mag and a bar of chocolate.
      Email women’s aid for advice on getting him out or where to go for legal advice.x

fizzylem
      Participant

Take the break, doesnt need to be for a month does it; think about something doable. Its probably best not to pay too much attention to your daughter’s anxiety anyway, can make it bigger and prolong the end of it sometimes, once she knows what she’s got then is the time to workout a plan. Cant do anything right now can she, she either worries and wastes her energy on this or she thinks I’ll deal with it when I need to, when I know what is what. Perhaps all she needs from mum is to hear you say something like there is absolutely no point in worrying about it, we’ll d what we need to do when we know. It will be ok whatever the outcome, and leave it at that.

If you go away it sends the message I’m not worried so you dont need to be worried either x

dancing in the rain
      Participant

Thank you both so much, I already feel calmer. You are so right.

Cecile, I’m so sorry you’ve had bad news and so grateful that you took the time to respond and help me. Sending lots of hugs.

x*x

Hetty
      Participant

If your daughter is struggling with worries about education is there anyone where she attends (6th form/college) who can help her. Perhaps a counsellor or a tutor she could talk to? I’m sure if she was feeling more settled you’d feel better too.
      Have you spoken to your GP?
      X*x

resilient
      Participant

I was about to make the same suggestion as Hetty. There should be someone in school who can guide her. We cannot fix everything and sometimes all we want is for someone to listen – which you have done.
      Try to find some time for you too.
      Best wishes

Alittlelost
      Participant

I feel pretty similar. Im so sorry ur struggling so much. Please know we are here for u. Continue on posting. Hugs.

KIP.
      Participant

Everything negative magnifies a thousand time when you’re being abused. Your headspace is all taken up with the abuse. Leaving practically nothing. Not even enough to work out how you’re being abused. A month zero contact will empty some headspace to work things out. Simple solutions just can’t enter our heads and reality becomes fogged. Put your own oxygen mask on before you can help others just like on the aeroplane x

KIP.
      Participant

He’s hoping to wear you down so that’s you say exactly that. I can’t cope anymore it’s easier to just stay and be abused. But it’s not. Long term it will destroy you and your sense of self x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content