Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Never-ending story
      Participant

Hello, I have called literally non stop today to try to speak to an advisor as really need some urgent advice and a potential refigebto go to. A generic ‘COvID-19 and busy dealing with other people’s calls right now answer keeps coming up’ I sincerely believe this isn’t true and it’s automated as I have called non stop. Literally all day long, I’ve also tried to do online msg but it’s saying rather than people queue they have decided to close the online chat. This feels impossible as it’s almost like the helpline has just suspended its service and have just put thengeneric voice message on there as there is no way there is no availability the whole entire day. I have tried continuously. Beyond frustrated and living like out of bags with my child, and have been for a while even though I have a property… been staying at a relatives but there’s (detail removed by moderator) of us in a one bed flat. I have come outside just to have 10 mins to think and get in touch with my instincts on what i should do next. I know I just need some normality right now. Iknow I can go to the council but I need some real personalised advice on which road to take next. I also have been contacting a refuge I was going to go to before but they’re not picking up either…. and breathe.

DropsOfHope
      Participant

I last got through to them about two weeks ago, when I could leave them a message with my number and a good time for me to talk.
      Have you tried googling and contacting any local services? There are some specific to my town and they have been incredibly helpful!
      Keep on breathing. You will get through to somebody eventually!

Beautifulday
      Participant

Hi Google your local womensaid , they will help you and there should be local services near to you that can help also? I’ve tried the online chat ifs no use ive never been able to get through but your local womensaid will defintely help lovely xx

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

It can take time to get through to the helplines and even to local support. Just a thought, someone managed to get through to the helpline late on the other night. It’s a 24hour helpline, not ideal but maybe try calling really early in morning, or really late at night?

Definitely try the local services, it could be that the refuge you were talking about was run by your local service? If so , keep trying them and leave a message if you can.

If the refuge isn’t run by your local service, you can search local services using the WA directory-link below:

Domestic Abuse Directory

Just trying to think out of the box for you but other options could be to book urgent appointment (emotional and mental well being) with GP and get the GP to refer you into a local service. If they try ringing they will likely not get through but if they do on-line/paper referral this may get picked up?

Bit cautious to mention this one but have you thought about speaking to social services? They too may be able to speed up the process for you. Referrals into services from social services/calls etc are likely to be prioritised.

I’d contact housing as this needs to be done asap and it might take time to access DA support, perhaps explain to housing that you’re trying to get through- they might even be able to refer into refuge and DA services? Sometimes services have internal numbers/specific contacts direct into other services so this is worth a try.

Good luck trying to get through, letus know how you get on when you get chance

Soulsearcher

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content