Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sunnysideup
      Participant

I cant live like this anymore but I dont know how to get out. Today the nastiness is continuing via text, I cant do anything due my injury and to be honest I have no strength to do or know where to start, I have nothing thanks to him. I cant stay in the house as its his, I cant get a deposit together as I gave all my money to him to help him get out of debt. I feel so trapped and cant take being spoken to and living the way I am anymore. I see no end this anymore.

dustypink
      Participant

sunnysideup
      Do you have kids?
      Have you reported him to police or WA or your local support groups?
      Try to find help there first, try to collect as much information as you can.
      Book for appointment with your local council, in person, not via phone. They must offer you something, this is their responsibility, even if they tell it’s not.
      Local support groups usually can help you to get legal advise.
      Your GP can give you a letter confirming you are the victim of domestic abuse and you may show it to the council.
      You have to start to talk about this if you want other institutions to believe you later.
      Write a diary. Date, what happened, what are you feeling.
      There is a way out, just start to prepare! This will be a big war, you can loose a battle, but you can win this war! Just be ready!

sunnysideup
      Participant

Hi,
      I have two children of my own… the problem is I left my ex husband who was very controlling and emotionally abusive, it was so hard and I neer thought I’d be going through it all again, I have failed my children. I currently have an injury thanks to him (not intentional) making it impossible for me to drive or even get round the house. I have kept all the messages and photos and just by coming into thehouse they can see whats happened.
      Im currently looking into what I have to do to get a place to live. I just feel that if I leave I will loose everything I have put in again like I did last time. I have one friend that I speak to but she just finds it funny now as we refer to his actions like a spoilt child but to be honest I’m at my rock bottom with everything.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Sunnyside,

Please try to phone the helpline. If you don’t get through straight away you can leave them a message with a safe time to call you back. They will help you to consider all your options. Please also be kind to yourself, sometimes it is important just to sit still and consider your options. You are doing the very best you can in a very difficult situation.

We are all here for you, take the plunge, phone the helpline and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Sunflowersandstars
      Participant

Hi
      I hope things improve for you soon- no matter how hard it seems getting away from him is key to improve your situation. No matter how hard or how unfair to you just get away and break contact. It’s the only thing within your power to control. You can’t control his words or actions, only your reaction to those words and actions. Wishing you strength. You can do it.
      SaS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content