Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      fizzylem
      Participant

I’m convinced I have a case for controlling and coercive behaviour now – the more I read and gather myself and my thoughts the more I think this. I’ve tried to report once, copper couldnt see it and labelled it as a dispute, she just wouldnt acknolwedge the abuse or look at my evidence, but then I couldnt explain myself very well at all, means going back again, but gearing myself up to do this again.

Have decided to take with me the ‘effects’ and cps page, the rights for women coercive control pdf; the false allegations; a few emails that show the patterns.

Its so very wrong how we have to fight to be heard; but it is what it is so I’m gearing up for another go. I belive I have a right to protection; Ive felt this for years, but have stuck on my own with it as Ive not known about this law. Ive literally spent hundreds of hours trying to find a way out of this, and now I have, nw I need someone in the police to hear me, to get it.

Its taken me years to get to this point, and gain some strength, work out what I need to do; think I’m only able to do it now because I have built a bit more strength learning about this law over last few weeks and becaue I have cut all contact now. After 6 months of focusing on my health and exercising as well. Gosh its been a long haul.

Hoping I’m right and not just seeing things out of pure desperation for it to end. I’m convinced what Ive read is talking to me.

Any words of encouragement would be most appreciated x

KIP.
      Participant

Keep going at least until you receive an explanation that makes sense to you. I was trying to get answers from the police about something and it just didn’t make sense. I kept going until a lovely officer took the time to explain how what I was after wasn’t possible. That’s all I wanted was a reasonable explanation. I would pay attention to the time barring. I’m not sure what time limits there are for reporting or when the new law came into effect. I would also consider speaking directly to the CPS. At least they should know if you have a case or not. Don’t give up. At the very least you’re getting these people to think about and raising the profile of coercive control x next time ask for a senior officer and if they refuse then make a complaint. My default position, sadly. But you’d be surprised how many positives have come from complaining. You can do it in a way that you’re addressing a shortfall in their training.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Fizzylem I’m exited for you because yes it jumps out clear as day that you do hold a strong case in your hands and cleverly printed out all the CPS pages, rights of women and everywhere Coercive Control is clearly stated to back you up.
      It seems Coercive Control was written for you as you can show evidences of patterns of controlling behaviour, the effects it has on you, you seem to understand this law effortlessly.
      Now probably the challenge lies in other professionals – like this ignorant lazy police officer who didn’t bother to inform herself.
      So make plenty of copies of your printouts and pdf and be ready to distribute them to every single person whom you are crossing path with for your case.

I would call Women’s Aid, Rights of Women and maybe especially Victim Support because they help you in legal cases, go to court with you etc…yes also CPS if they accept calls.
      I wouldn’t do this alone, every step of the way you should be supported and represented by a domestic abuse organisation to make sure your case got the weight, back-up and respect is deserves.
      FYI legislation org uk archives the Act in their original format…

You go girl, we are behind you, you’ve got this! 💪👍

diymum@1
      Participant

i always say this because thus has worked for me time and time again. go in with 100% conviction wit 100% belief. its not east to shed any shred off doubts but when i fought my case 1 i knew i told the complete truth and 2 i knew his wrong doings were affecting the ones i loved the most – that was my drive – this had to stop and it did xxxx i know you can do this fizz xxxx

diymum@1
      Participant

what i think the officials see in your eyes is how serious you are in your comittment to make change for the better. they see your dedication to your daughter and that in its self is admirable xxxx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

*correction
      Legislation gov uk

You can find Coercive Control when you type into the title search field [ Serious Crime Act 2015]…the whole Act will display.
      The Domestic Abuse Section is listed under Part 5 Protection of Children and Others
      Domestic Abuse section 76
      Controlling or Coercive Behaviour in an intimate or family relationship
      You click on the phrase and on the top right of the page you have [print options]

fizzylem
      Participant

I’ve text my WA’s support worker; going to get her to come with me.

The last time the copper did say I could see the sarg if needed.

Says in the law needs to be after Dec 2015; not sure how long I have to make a complaint; but it’s on going has been for 5 years, it’s happening now x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Oh well done Fizzzyyy!! Maybe WA got connections with CPS to ask about the date? I think any offence that happened after the 29 december 2015 can be taken into account, I haven’t seen any limitations anywhere, not on CPS pages, not on the act itself…

Yes definately take up the offer to see a person in a higher position than the lazy officer, higher is always better as they hold more authority to act and have better connections to other organisations.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content