Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Worrywart
      Participant

hi i’m so down, my ex has told our son that he is getting married, my son told me when he came home from his this morning, he told my eldest son last week but he never confirmed it until my youngest said about it today, my ex always said to me right from the start of our long relationship that he would never get married, i wanted to get married but he always said he wouldn’t marry me ….i feel so hurt and low …hes only been with her a few weeks x

diymum@1
      Participant

i wouldnt believe that – its hard to believe but there will be a motive here to destroy you how else can he get to you? you could say to the kids not to tell you his business from now on to stop him doing this. as ong as they know they can discuss their feelings still with you. getting married afer a few weeks is absolutely rediculous if i was her id run for the hills – if she dosent see this as a red flag then she is definitely his next form of prey xxxx please see this as him saying to you your less than him remember for these men its about keeping scores and winning its not personal i promise xxxx it feels it but this isnt normal behaviour from him – it shows that he lacks integrity you dont hurt people intentionally xxxx sending you a big hug xxxx

Worrywart
      Participant

thanks diymum, he was with her years ago before me and he treated her badly too, thing is he always told me that he still loved her and wish they never split up (they parted cus she moved away and he didn’t want to go with her cus it would have meant he would have to have left his mates behind) he was tracing her behind my back (that’s why i finished with him) and now he is with her again ….so im not sure if he really does love her enough to marry her now that he has found her again. x

KIP.
      Participant

He will be using triangulation on you both. He’s hoping for a drama from you. They thrive on it. Don’t believe a word he says or anything that is hearsay. I know you won’t want to hear this now but if he’s targeting her then he’s leaving you alone. Let him play his games and you just keep healing and wearing a smile. Fake or not. Smile at your sons and pass on your congratulations with a big smile. Don’t let him know he has got to you. Especially through the children. Despicable behaviour. He will always be the liar and cheat and abuser. Never content. You can heal and thrive and embrace the good things in life x

Worrywart
      Participant

thank you KIP x

diymum@1
      Participant

i know its so hard to hide your emotions but its true just say oh thats nice isnt it and look unphased if you can xx he will get bored eventually with no reaction from you xx thats what he wants xx

Worrywart
      Participant

thanks diymum x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content