Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

Ceira’s character admits to herself that her husband abuses her. I was nearly losing it when the independent lady was reading out the Deloitte power and control bullet points. My oh was going, that’s me, that’s me, that’s me, that’s me. Noticed i was sorta crying and remarked why do women look so ugly when they cry. I dont know if he really was recognising himself or saying that’s me sarcastically. So far it’s end of subject, but im afraid of what its doing at the back of his brain.😞😢

IWMB 💕💕

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Flower, yes I’m safe💞 he has to be in an absolute rage before he ‘loses control’ and hurts me, i get you why should we care. I now no longer care enough about us to be prepared to fix us. Ive now realised i can’t fix us or even him. He can only do that. Ive challenged him enough the past few weeks, I’m not burying my head in the sand, just choosing which battles to fight💖

KIP.
      Participant

His absolute rage is something he chooses and has control over, not you. Don’t fool yourself into believing you can prevent his rage because they invent excuses to rage and abuse. Mine was once over milk. So no, you’re not safe x funny how they only rage when there are no witnesses.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Kip, i get im not responsible for his rages, they are very few and far between. He’s more verbally abusive, calls me names,puts me down (yet i managed a busy (Detail removed by Moderator) and owned one at one point too. He says that it didn’t work out because i didn’t listen to him but he knew nothing of the type of business or the legalities it involved too. The way he talked to others was quite sexist, but they were younger and thought he was great fun). he pushes me so i fall over, my balance is not the greatest due to spinal arthritis, he’s definately an Alpha male and I’m not quite an Alpha female but before him i wasnt that much of a pushover either. I am definately anything fir a quiet life type of person, but push me too far and you’ll be taken by surprise.
      Others remark on how strong a person i am, how kind i am, yet he sees my strength as talking back, having an attitude. My kindness as weakness. I’d rather be me than him. It must be exhausting.
      Yet hes the one who sleeps at night, he’s the one who can eat, he’s the one who looks good. I’m like a bag-lady now. Ive lost all desire to look nice, i avoid looking in mirrors, in case i catch my eye. The lady looking back at me is so sad, lost even. My healthy eating has gone out the window, i can barely eat, yet I’ve put on well over a stone.

He isn’t a nice person and if he’d been this person in the beginning id have run a mile. We can’t change these men, love them enough to fix them. I promised him i wouldn’t leave him, I’d be the one who stayed, i cant be that person.😪 I feel as if im drowning.
      He damages other peoples property if he feels they’ve slighted him or got too big for their boots, and he tells me all this now. There’s no proof its him, no cctv. My word against his.
      Thanks fir listening everyone, we all know what we should do. It’s gathering the strength to do it.
      I think if we did a survey in the areas we all lived in, and people were truly honest, we’d find this behaviour is more widespread than we realise. This has been a society gaslighted, fir years, particularly by the western governments after ww2. How else were the returning armed forces going to get jobs that women had been doing while they were away fighting. This has been tribal ways fir centuries, yet many tribes had wise women, where the men listened to them BEFORE making any major decisions.
      Male domination has been around for centuries, isn’t it time it stopped.
      IWMB 💕💕

KIP.
      Participant

I promised my ex I would only leave him if he cheated. That’s before I realised there are worse things than cheating. Any promises you made were long ago forfeited when he chose to abuse you so do not hold yourself to this. My ex used to cast this up to me when I threatened to leave. Little did I know he was cheating anyway. I was once where you are now. Frightened to make eye contact. Lost all my confidence and the person I was. Well x years later away from my abuser and she is back. My ex tried to take my home and make my and our child homesless. Now I have a chance to take his home off him and guess what…… I’m going to do it. Not because I’m vindictive but because I want back what is mine. He picked the wrong person when he victimised me and the karma bus is heading to his door. I wish you strength to grasp the life you could have and find that happy confident woman again. I know you will find her one day x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

@Kip 🙂💕💕

itwillbeokay
        Participant

I know you will too. I know I have/am. It’s been tough. But it’s so worth it. To be the person you should be and used to be.

x*x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done KIP. Kick a*s lol

Anonymous
      Inactive

KIP💕That has made me smile. Good for you honestly it’s not being vindictive it’s justice being served and it finally receiving what is rightfully yours. I’m not ready yet but I plan to take my ex to court for historical abuse. I can only try my medical records tell a storey. I’m biding my time though because at the moment he’s training in a profession that requires good character and has to be approved before he is added to the register of this body. I don’t think I’m being vindictive for me it’s about closure. In this instance it’s about ensuring other people aren’t abused too xx

Amazing closure for you ☺xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content