Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Cecile
      Participant

I went online and did a change of name by deed poll…feeling good!!

KIP.
      Participant

đź‘Ť I changed my name almost immediately back to my maiden name. Gave me a real sense of empowerment and two fingers up to him. I know that angered him. Another step away from him x

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t let your new found sense of power dull your senses. It’s the most dangerous time for you. You may be changing but he certainly isn’t. Enjoy the feeling but Stay safe and stay alert. They’re totally unpredictable x

Cecile
      Participant

Yes I think he is mulling over what to do next. Been having flashbacks all day today probably triggered by the statement I made on Friday. They are quite motivational in a way to keep me focused on my safety.

KIP.
      Participant

Write it down for the police. Make a positive from a negative x

Cecile
      Participant

Good idea. For any one reading this, the police told me to keep writing my diary of his behaviours it is good supporting evidence.

Newst@rt
      Participant

Good for you! I didn’t marry my abuser (thank goodness) but would like to change my children’s surname to mine one day, if they’re happy to x

fizzylem
      Participant

Sounds like the plan is going well C! New life, new name – will certainly help you to put things behind you won’t it – moving on! x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content