Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      RoboChicken
      Participant

After my divorce I’m unsure what to doo about my surname. Obviously I don’t really want to keep my ex’s name, but we have a son and I wonder if it will be a problem if I don’t have the same surname as my child. But also, I don’t really want to revert to my maiden name as I have a difficult relationship with my Dad.

Just curious as to what others have done in this situation and how you deal with any issues that come up!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Could you use your mum’s maiden name? So long as you go through the appropriate channels,(deedpoll and get a solicitor to advise) I think you can call yourself anything you want, so long as you’re not out to defraud. 💖

fizzylem
      Participant

My surname is different to my child’s, the only time I’ve had a problem so far is at passport control, I have to make sure I take her birth cert as well now. Although, my child is only (detail removed by moderator) at primary, so I’m not sure if we will have any problems in the coming years?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content