Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Hi ladies.

The last few weeks has been really tough, after an embarrassing breakdown at work I’m still signed off. I’m trying to rest and heal but as you all know it’s easier said than done.

I’ve had some serious mental health issues and I’m struggling to see a future where I can be happy and rid of all the c**p that’s behind me now.

Sometimes I feel stronger than other times and it only takes the smallest thing to make me take steps back.

But I here.. and even a few weeks ago I couldn’t of been certain that I would be. Sometimes I smile and I appreciate the happiness in many kids and grandchild.

I need to keep working on moving forward and therapy to keep me sane. Abuse can make you question every part of your being and although I don’t really know my purpose right now in this minute.. I’m here.

KIP.
      Participant

💕 thinking of you. We are all still on that rollercoaster x but there is hope so keep taking those baby steps x

Eggshells
      Participant

You are still here. You have already proved you have the strength to keep going. You hit rock bottom and survived it and if you hit rock bottom again, you have the experience to know that you will come out of it.

You still have some difficult times ahead of you but once you’ve made it through the divorce you’ll be able to work out non contact and start to pull yourself back up.

We’ve seen women on the forum who have made it through and are thriving.

Maybe try visualising one of those women; build a mental picture of them in your head and use it to give you hope.

I remember reading a post one of the ladies wrote once. Her niece had commented on how much she had changed and she described what her niece had seen. I now hold this really strong image in my head of her striding confidently down the street in the smart clothes and high heels that she described. I have this image of a woman who is happy, in charge of her own destiny, living the life she wants to live. It gives me hope.

I watched “Enola Holmes” a couple of months ago and I paraphrased some of the closing scene. It helps when I’m lonely and can’t see the point of me.

“To be at home you have to find your own path. To be alone doesn’t mean you have to be lonely. My life is my own and the future is up to me.”

You can do this honey. We all can. xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content