Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshine
      Participant

Looking for advice if anyone is in my present situation. Access to father has stopped (detail removed by Moderator) Access to his parents has stopped because of this. They have now went to another city lawyer for access , social workers advice is no access but nothing in place, my lawyer advices no access but nothing in place. I contacted SW myself they can only advise! It’s costing me a fortune because it’s through lawyers. Am told take it to court but I receive no legal aid!!! Am robbing peter to pay paul and am just keeping my head above water!! Just!!! And no more… If it wasn’t for my parents we wouldn’t be eating. Anyway I spoke to my daughter and she does want to see her grandparents but not her dad (due to rubbish he’s done) I can’t afford this legal fight anymore but at the same time I can’t let him have access. It’s a nightmare, I’ve had no money off him since (detail removed by Moderator) and and struggling. Am thinking does this need to go to court is there no other way this can be sorted before I owe more thousands! Am at my wits end with it.
      Am doing everything I can to keep us safe but money wise things are getting really bad. I can’t afford anything at all because am trying to fight this. There needs to be more help here! Legal aid tells me I should qualify due to my disposable income, my lawyer says I don’t! What are you supposed to do?! It’s a nightmare! My wage does not reflect what I have to
      live on due to I was left with all the matrimonial debt and I can’t receive benefits 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

Ring Rights for Women for free legal advice. Apply for legal aid, you have nothing to lose. Speak to citizens advice. You can represent yourself in court.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Sunshine,

This sounds very stressful, is there any way you can contact another lawayer who will accept that you qualify for legal aid since you have been advised that you do technically qualify for it? If you do technically qualify for it then fight for it, provide proof and evidence and don’t let them fob you off. I don’t know much about legal matters but maybe someone else will. Have you rung Rights of Women and CAB about it?

Sunshine
      Participant

Thank you ladies.
      I think I had a bit of a meltdown last night. Rights of women in (detail removed by Moderator) are moving offices or something like that. I’ve not tried Cab as it’s a small town and I try to keep as private as I can. I may have to move lawyers or try the legal aid board again. I need to do that soon to see if there is anyway I can get some sort of help. His parents have lots of money to throw at this which isn’t good 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

(detail removed by Moderator) women’s rights centre offer free legal advice over the phone. You can ring a larger branch of CAB for advice. (detail removed by Moderator) Women’s Aid helpline are available too x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content