Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Lifebegins
      Participant

Hi all,

Back again re:child contact- this time re: arranging through 3rd party.

So far there has only been FaceTime and texting contact between my child and my ex and minimal face to face which was supervised and requested by a 3rd party. There have been restrictions in place so ex cannot contact me and now I have a non-mol. As my child has been wanting to see their dad and as I want to do the right thing (I know I know it’s no good trying to be fair) my solicitor advised that I could use a family member as a 3rd party in the first instance rather than my solicitor and propose contact. Sort of take the bull by horns as although my ex was moaning about no face to face, he actually wasn’t doing anything about getting it.

I contacted the 3rd party who was agreeable and then suggested a date and how we could do the handover. No response. Then my ex FaceTime our child several hours later and said couldn’t do the date, proposed another and said to get me to contact the 3rd party with my agreement.

I am absolutely livid! What part of 3rd party arrangements does that bully not get?! It’s totally unacceptable to be contacting our child to make these arrangements. And how is his social life more important than an opportunity to see his child who he says he misses more than anything but has hardly seen or paid a penny for since we split. I don’t think I would’ve minded if the 3rd party had contacted me to say another date as it wasn’t set in stone but just his high handed approach. If I ever have a moment of weakness or sadness about him, I’ll think back to this moment. He is a selfish p*g!

So now I’m thinking contact my solicitor and saying tried to do it the nice reasonable way but didn’t work. So if he wants to have contact, let him come and seek it. But don’t want to be seen as obstructive in the eyes of the court and also going to be really hard on our child. What do i say to them to explain?

Also, should I just not bother getting back to the 3rd party at all? They haven’t responded to me…..

What a despicable piece of…… I don’t know what I saw in him for so long!

Any advice greatly appreciated xx

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content