Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      J@jmum
      Participant

Well soon I have to face the first time I hand my kids over to their abusive dad and family.
      Spend the day worrying and watching the clock in fear no doubt.
      Record drop off and pickups I think is an idea and diary of return as you lovely ladies suggested.
      God help my poor babies! 😥

diymum@1
      Participant

give it a go and watch, observe and wait xx he will screw up and it is hard to watch the kids suffer but im hoping this will be the last leg off this journey xxxx they have a great mum so they will be fine 🙂 much love diymum

J@jmum
      Participant

The parents will do everything and he will sit back in the corner and just take the credit.
      I got a text from the parents asking what I said to kids about his absence so he knows and doesn’t contradict me??! I mean why would he need to say anything to them, is this the start of him piling excuses on them and manipulating them?
      Just hang out with them, no?

KIP.
      Participant

Yep. This is where it begins. He wants to know what you’re saying about him so will get his flying monkeys to find out. Get a contact book to send with the kids so they can write in it anything that needs to be said and it goes back n forth with kids. Covering appointments, clothing, things to bring next time etc so that limits the need for contact.

KIP.
      Participant

Start as you mean to go on. Get some things booked for when he has the kids. It will be hard at first but use the time to recharge and do something nice for you x

diymum@1
      Participant

You can limit contact if the kids have heavy sporting schedules just a tip and the message book is a really good idea then he can’t manipulate xx prepare the kids by teaching them respect all round is the right way other than that it’s not acceptable xxxx they will see thru them easier when they have your moral guidance xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Hugs! Hopefully in time you will start to be able to relax when they are gone, because it is when they are home that you need to be on alert J and you do need a break, will help you think more clearly as well x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content