Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Losingbattle
      Participant

My ex has refused to pay child maintenance for some time now. He says he’s on benefits. However I recently found out he is using someone else’s address rather than where he lives with his girlfriend. She works full time. Is there something I can do to get maintenance? Not that I’m keen on taking another woman’s money but surely it’s classed as an income. And with cost of living going up it’s frust difficult

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Losingbattle

I’m not sure about your situation, but surely the Child Maintenance service could be notified, if they haven’t already, and then they would pursue his liability, because the arrangement you have privately isn’t working? But if you’re already using CMS they also need to know he’s not complying as they have powers to enforce payments to you. As I say though, I don’t know about this specific situation. I think family income is considered, as in whether he pays for another family (as he’s living there), but I don’t know if it works the other way that a partner has to contribute. It really does rather work against single mums sadly, but call them as they will be able to clear this up for you.

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content