Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      iliketea
      Participant

Hi, anyone know where I can get advice for this? I want to speak to a helpline for parents but there are so many I dont know which is the best. I tried NSPCC but they said the wait was 4 hours! My child is in this situation. It is escalating. School are aware but not taking seriously, it has led to a frightening experience and I need to know how to help my child. They feel shame and responsibility for what happened, is sorry for the friend, and also very scared of the child’s reaction. It is so triggering to see your own child act out the same trauma bonding responses that you did during the relationship. Its all so clear to me now. School wont take it seriously and have made me feel like a very annoying hysterical victim of domestic abuse. It is grim. I need some help with supporting my child. I also don’t know the best way to naviagte the system as the school have not acted well or responsibly and are definitely not trauma-informed.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi iliketea,

You may want to try speaking with The Coram Children’s Legal Centre provide free legal resources with advice and information on all aspects of family, child and education law, including duties of children’s services; child protection. They can be contacted on 0300 330 5480 (8am-6pm, Mon-Fri).

It may also be worth speaking to Family Lives, who provide support to parents under stress, can make local referrals, and have a forum for parents. They are contactable on 0808 800 2222 (Mon-Fri, 9am-9 pm, and 10am-3pm Sat & Sun); they also have a live chat (Mon-Fri 1.30-9pm) available via their website.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Lisa

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi iliketea

Please detail all you have said of the traumatic events your child has experienced to the Chair of the School Governors. Set each point out factually, including the steps the school ‘haven’t’ taken that they should have to safeguard all the children involved. Make sure you include each step you have been actively taking to raise this issue responsibly and with regard to the school’s processes and duties for the children under their care during school hours.

This should be recognised by the school as a highly risky act that could have killed your child, and naturally your child is now very fearful.

Do make sure you look after yourself in this and find separate support for you.

Have you spoken with your GP with your child to make sure it is recorded and your child offered all support and resources available to them?

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content