Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Goldenrainbow
      Participant

Recently my ex’s parents turned up at my house wanting to see my child (they’ve never met him, they chose not to see him as my ex wasn’t allowed) they also were wanting me to let my abusive ex see him aswell.

I’ve allowed it on a couple of occasions (supervised) but I’m not comfortable at all and he’s already pushing for unsupervised. My ex has already made some not nice comments about my son and his behaviour is still really worrying me. I just feel like I’m being manipulated into letting them have visitation, when I made it very clear they needed to go court for it. I cannot stress enough how much I don’t trust him alone with my child.

My mental health is being really effected by it. Is there anywhere I can go for advice?

maddog
      Participant

You can find information and support through Rights of Women. The Court Said is a good resource as well.

Please let your child’s school know what’s going on. Speak to your GP. Hopefully you’ll have a local Women’s Aid to contact. You can dial the police on 101 and ask to speak the Domestic Abuse team.

Please remember that it’s not your fault, you’re not alone and that there are so many of us, and organisations who will help you navigate this minefield.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content