Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Borntobefree
      Participant

Has anyone been successful with compensation even if you never got a conviction

Thanks

KIP.
      Participant

My understanding is that you have to have reported the crime to the police. They don’t have to charged or prosecuted. You can get some free advice from Rights for Women. I’m in the process at the moment.

bunsandcakes
      Participant

Ive never heard of this but need to look into it. I have had over (detail removed by Moderator) with no financial support for me and the kids. We spent nearly half (detail removed by Moderator) and he has dodged everything by not taking an income from his own business even though he has thousands in the bank. He DOES have a caution for assault.

katielove
      Participant

As long as there a police crime number you can claim. I did and was successful. It takes about a year to process.

iwillbeok
      Participant

I had no idea this even existed! I’ll be making a claim. I have my crime reference number but how would I find out what time my report was made? I wouldn’t have a clue given the state I was in!

I didn’t press charges but wasn’t exactly encouraged by police to do so! The wording in the claim application seems quite sympathetic towards survivors of sexual abuse so hopefully this won’t count against me…

katielove
      Participant

I couldn’t remember all dates etc and wrote this in the notes part. The police will be contacted and can fill in the details in their part of the forms.

Borntobefree
      Participant

I hope I get decent pay out
      It would sure help me on my road to recovery

iwillbeok
      Participant

Thanks borntobefree,

Do you know if there’s a paper version as the online application has red * (compulsory info) next to hour and min of the report, and wont let me submit the application til its filled in…

I might just have to phone the police to find out. I can remember the 999 call clear as anything but couldn’t tell you what time it was!

x iwillbeok

katielove
      Participant

I put in a guess and then wrote in the notes that domestic abuse has a time frame not a date. It wasn’t a problem.

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi katielove

Don’t worry to much about dates etc

The cica can find information out by police anyway ..
      Get what you are intiltled too hun x

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content