Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      queenmaeve
      Participant

I understand that you can check up on a man’s past with the police. Has anyone ever done this? what exactly happens?

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi yes I have. I filled my request out online and was contacted by the domestic abuse force a few days later. Was told they’d be in touch within a month as they have to get in touch with a few different agencies to make their decision. As I had been with my oh for over 2 decades and had never contacted the police there wasn’t anything to disclose but the officer advised me to have no contact with him going on what I had told them about him. At no point was I worried they’d contact him or he’d find out what I’d done. It’s more our own fear of the unknown that panics us. Also by us doing this, it flags him up for any future contact with the police.
      I hope this helps.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content