Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      SunshineOne
      Participant

Non mols, death threats, harassed through courts, social servicesfor years. Sole parental rights, indirect contact largely unutilised unless to further abuse me, now he wants DNA test! I have not claimed CMS before, thought it might make him even worse. Would you contact CMS,and also ask them to arrange DNA test or just be glad you are able to live your life largely without the harassment.Is CMS pointless? He is self employed, probably low income, but owns own house etc.

diymum@1
      Participant

i know i did – to try to deplete his funds. the legal aid will cover the DNA test. if hes skint id go for it. if hes not going to be affected i wouldnt bother. if hes self employed you dont get anything. if he has an employer they can arrest his wages if he dosent pay up. im sure they only back date the money a few months prior to applying xx

fizzylem
      Participant

I think CMA is worth looking into, means you dont have to be involved with him at all regarding this matter, that they will chase the money for you. He will need to either provide a self assessment or proof of benefits; if he’s self employed then yes they wouldnt be able to take it out of his wages, but in the first round, he is given the opportunity to pay it to you himself direct to your bank, then if he fails to do this they will take this up for you, so in the case of him being self employed, might be better / easier all round if they deal with it for you. I think, but you’d need to check this, if he is self employed and still doesn’t pay, eventually, I think they may have the powers to take it straight from his bank?

They will only date the claim from the day you call now. You can call and discuss the options before deciding to go a head. I have no idea where either of you stand with regard to a DNA test or getting this x

Hetty
      Participant

I went through this with my ex husband. I get a pitiful amount but I wanted something arranged so that he had no control over me. Previously I got a little amount as and when he felt like it. You don’t have to pay the fee to have them chase him because of domestic abuse. They’ll only back date to the date you make contact with them so do it sooner rather than later. If he’s self employed he will be able to hide money no doubt and they don’t take assets into account. My ex had a flash car and his own house but claimed benefits.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content