• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Myjourneyhome
      Participant

I’ve seen so many documentaries recently about coercive control. Thankful it’s being highlighted as having now been in 3 relationships where I have been manipulated via coercion it’s so easy to see how those poor women were taken advantage of. I’m currently fighting this for myself but don’t hold a lot of hope of getting anywhere. If I felt I had the energy I would want my voice to be heard to protect other women from this but I just have very little energy left to fight after the years of abuse. These days it’s a fight just to get out of bed.

Maybe one day I will be able to put my experiences to some good use and fight so that others never have to experience what I have.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Myjourneyhome

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that you have been in abusive relationships. It’s clear that you have so much empathy for other women, and I am sure one day you will be able to help others.

It’s so important to take care of yourself for now, please keep fighting and don’t give up.

Please keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content