Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi guys having a bad day thanks to so called friends listening and believing lis from the n********t!! When you think your friends wouldn’t believe , listen and judge you realise who isn’t your friend. I got the middle finger today for no reason and finding it very upsetting when I have supported that friend & neighbour in the past only to be given the cold shoulder now because of my situation.They don’t know the full picture I don’t discuss my private life but now someone else I need to avoid. I hate living here now but trapped until proceedings decide my future.

Hawthorn
      Participant

You’re absolutely right, leaving an abusive relationship you really see people for who they are and discover who your real friends are. I’ve realised it’s a positive thing; the people who believed my abusers smear campaign about me were obviously never my friends, those who know me well didnt believe a word of it. And I also dont discuss my private life. Its cleaning house, I dont miss any of those people I cut off and have more time for my true friends.

It’s awful for you that you feel trapped there but you dont need to avoid anyone- you have done nothing wrong. Hold your head high and ignore those that would drag you down to their level. They’re not even worth your time to look at.

Get that nose in the air!😋

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Hawthorn .It’s all tough enough without people adding to the issues.The smear campaign on me has caused me so much upset as it can effect my future.Input a brave face on and wear headphones when I’m out local ,a trick I adopted at home for many years to ignore ! The problem I see with that is people think your strong enough to take a bashing and it just sets me right back .Every time I feel progress and positive another hurdle comes .This is such a hard process and my respect and admiration goes out to you and everyone else that’s been through it, I know I will also but I’m crumbling often atm

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content