Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Watersprite
      Participant

Hello friends – just need your wisdom and support. I’ve been out a long time and spent most of that running away caught up in safeguarding processes supporting my kids. We are still high risk I suppose that may be the rest of my life. Still anything is better and safer than being with him and I have got my kids safe and we are supported. Today done something so brave – joined an exercise class. Signed up to volunteer once a month. I am proud of myself – So why I am sat here tears rolling down my face and how do I stop the pain? It’s grief isn’t it?

Kitkat44
      Participant

Hello Watersprite,
      It sounds like grief, it can be such a physical pain and like the tears might never stop. So so hard but completely understandable.
      I have found that accepting the feelings helps. Allowing them to pass through me and knowing they will has helped to let them go.
      Fantastic that you have joined and exercise class and signed up to volunteer, amazing steps.
      Sending love xx

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi watersprite,

Lovely to read your update and that things are better for you. Volunteering is great and brings so much satisfaction with it.

Sometimes we cry and we don’t really know why – those tears just have to come out!

Could this be grief, relief, loss, fear, a sense of unfairness that this is what has become of your life, apprehension about the new life that is going to unfold for you with your new venture, or a release of all of these things?

A couple of weeks ago I watched a sad programme on TV and there were scenes in it that I could identify with. As it ended I went in to complete hysterical sobs and cried hard for about 10 minutes, most of it because I just felt so sad about things. I don’t know where it came from and it took me by surprise and left me quite exhausted, but about an hour later as I got showered and ready for a friend to come round for a chat I felt a lot better.

How are you feeling now?

xx

Watersprite
      Participant

Hello both Thank you for your helpful replies. Kitkat I have to get more comfortable with allowing my feelings it’s been too full on getting safe now it’s time.
      Wants to help yes it is absolutely all of those things. I’m pleased you had that cry and release and seen a friend. Today is a better day I’m grateful at last we have a safe and stable home. I’ve just got to gat better at allowing the grief loss fear apprehension – remembering feelings will pass. Thank you x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content