Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Summer1
      Participant

I’m new to the forum but I have previously been in an emotionally abusive relationship. For years I lived in fear that if I told people of what was happening in my relationship they would think I was crazy or I would lose my daughter. There were points I even contemplated walking away from her because I felt so trapped in that relationship and thought I could never be free and I missed years that I should of been enjoying the memories feeling depressed and anxious. Thanks to my family I had the courage to leave when she was a baby and move home where I got support but I still feel pain when I see him and my heart races. He uses any excuse to be abusive towards me so I try to minimise contact but I worry he’ll always find a way to get to me. I just want to be the person I was before I met him and actually enjoy my life again. Will this ever happen?

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful angel … Summer1,
      Welcome to the forum and well done for posting… there is a lot of help and support on here.
      Well done for getting away from your ex and how lovely you have the support of your family.
      What I am hearing from your post is that although you have physically got away from your ex you are still emotionally attached inside.
      I would strongly recommend that you do some work on yourself in restoring your self love and self esteem, this will help to strength your barriers and make you feel grounded for when you do have to have contact with him.
      That person you were before you met him is still within you, she just needs telling it is safe for her to come out again and enjoy life.
      I would strongly recommend reading or listening to Louise Hay … You Can Heal Your Life … it will give you some guidance on how to step back into your power and love yourself again
      Keep in touch on the forum
      Sending you love and Support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content