Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Livingbutlonely
      Participant

Hi,

I have just left a short relationship. I was in a very abusive relationship some years ago and had a lot of help afterwards so knew about red flags etc

I sat back in this more recent relationship, little things that bothered me I kept quiet about but stored the information away and when there was no doubt in my mind after an argument that was ridiculous and going round in circles, I filed an application for clares law with the police.

After a text I sent him staying that I didn’t like being manipulated, he sent a text dripping in venom , saying I was neurotic and paranoid, didn’t try hard enough in the relationship etc so I sent a very calm text back but included in it that I had been concerned by some of his behaviour so had filed for clares law and then I said goodbye.

Since that text there has been radio silence. This has both confused and unnerved me ( I know I should feel grateful for the silence but it is causing uncomfortable emotions for me)
      I expected more angry texts etc and I am very confused by the silence and I am now doubting myself.

The police got in touch with me the day after I filed the application and came to see me 6 days after I filed it, by which time we had split up, so I doubt they will tell me anything now anyway.

So confused by his silence

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it a supportive place to be.

I’m sorry to hear what you have been through. It sounds like you picked up on some early red flags. As you mentioned he took no responsibility for his behaviour in his messages, he twisted it round on you.

It’s understandable that you feel confused. It’s important for you to talk this through. You can call the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247. Calls are answered by trained female support workers.

Take care and keep posting

Best Wishes

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content