Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      savingthestars
      Participant

If a child speaks to a school teacher/safeguarder that the child knows speaks to the purpertraitor, might that child edit what they are saying even if the perpetraitor hasn’t told them what to say?

Cecile
      Participant

You need to take advice on this from a safeguarding professional, I think. It is a complex area.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Savingthestars, if you are concerned that this could be happening Cecile is right, it would be a good idea to talk to somebody about your concerns. I know from your other post that you have spoken to the school about your concerns, but is there a safeguarding officer at the school you could talk to?

Best wishes

Lisa

savingthestars
      Participant

I spoke to the head of safeguarding. She is the one that doesn’t see any concerns. I have explained it to her, in almost baby speech and she said that if there was anything going on he would tell her. The guy who also said that she said has called his conviction a caution, and wrote on my child’s report that she cried because of not knowing the answer to a question. Be it she didn’t used to. Its irritating. I wanted to scream at her. I am however going another direction. If the school won’t heed, then I must try someone unrelated to the situation.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there,

I know you’ve struggled with the school previously, and that you’ve also had a local Women’s Aid worker previously. It might be an idea to contact your local Women’s Aid again and ask them for some advocacy with all of this; to see if they can contact the school for you and explain the situation to the safeguarding lead.

There’s also the NSPCC that you could speak to on 0808 800 5000, or Childline that your daughter could speak to on (0800 1111).

Take care,

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content