Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sanya
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

I was in terrible relationship almost (detail removed by moderator) with physical and emotional abuse.I manage to escape but now I dont know what to do. I contact some local services for help, but they are redirecting me to other services, because I am not in danger at the moment. I struggle a lot and I start to think to go back to my ex as I cant live so miserable and lonely. I dont know from where to get help, my GP prescribe me antidepressants and I start to feel like crazy. Sorry if my post is confused but wanted to say that thanks to Survivors forum I managed to leave my ex but I am feeling really desperate these days and without any future plans.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Sanya
      Welcome and well done for getting out! You are very brave and now you hang on to your freedom darling. I know it isn’t easy, it’s absolutely not, feels like being thrown from fire out into cold water, but still you are free and safe now, keep calling the helpline here to guide you forward, get assigned a support worker and accept any support you are being offered.
      Do you have friends and family around you who support you? Feeling isolated isn’t good, call absolutely everyone you know and ask for support.
      Have you heard of the freedom programme? You could take part to learn about abusive behaviour and how to recognise it and meet fellow survivors.
      Now you take it step by step honey, take those anti-depressant and maybe also ask your GP to refer you for some counseling.
      Make sure you take good care of yourself, your basic needs are met, you’ll need a lot of rest to descend from all the adrenaline, sleep plenty, eat healthy, drink enough water, recharge and breathe deeply in and out.
      Whenever you feel like contacting your abusive ex you either contact a designed friend/family member or you post here okay.
      You took a very brave first step, now you keep steady and keep looking forward darling, you can really do this because there is better out there than being abused, you deserve so much better, you don’t have to do much, rest for now and just take it one day at the time.
      Keep posting, sending you strength and hugs 💕

Sanya
        Participant

Dear HopeLifeJoy and Wibbles,

Thank you for your support and answers.
        And sorry for the late reply. I am trying to work almost everyday, because I dont want to stay alone and just thinking and thinking.
        I will try to fight with my self and all the shame that I am experiencing now. The hardest thing is that I need to build everything again from the zero. I mean I need to look for support from the council for my rent, I need to find place to live, because at the moment I am leaving in shared house and I am really angry that I let all this to happen to me. Some days I am feeling really sad and poor like the life is already over for me. I dont believe that I will be happy again.L honestly. But I wont go back and I wont give up. Thank you again for the support and nice words.

Wibbles
      Participant

Call the helpline and see if they can give you details of any local organisations who can offer you support. Go back to you GP, tell them you’re struggling on the Mexicans see if you can be referred for counselling or some other therapy. You don’t need to feel alone, there are people who can help. Sending hugs. X

lover of no contact
      Participant

This difficult part after getting out of the abusive relationship will pass. Keep these words in mind” This too will pass”. It gets easier believe me. It’s still very early days yet. It’s hard to grieve and deal with our losses as part of the aftermath of having met an abuser. But you will rebuid

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content