Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      seaglass
      Participant

If you seek advice on forums like this, call womans aid for help, talk to a solicitor so you know your facts and find books/ listen to books about various types of abuse to try and find out why you feel as you do it is unlikely you have made the whole thing up isn’t it? Really struggling with my thoughts at the moment and wondering if I have got it all wrong……..

Diverdi
      Participant

If you are wondering if it’s abuse, then it almost certainly is. (although I still find myself searching online ‘is it abuse?’ quizzes over and over despite leaving some time ago!)
      The confusion is hideous, I’ve had moments where I just want to take my brain out and unravel it (not literally), I’m assured it gets better

KIP.
      Participant

Ask yourself if anyone else in your life makes you feel this way. Do you have to confront and face confusion dealing with anyone else in your life. It’s not you it’s him x

seaglass
      Participant

Thank you both for replying. I think it’s because I had, for the first time ever, apologies and tears. It completely threw me, because I hate seeing people sad, I have sat with it as my initial reaction was to start thinking how we could fix things but there is also a part of me that is like this is the newest tactic as nothing else was working. I’m so confused, but my body doesn’t want to respond to him, even to talk much, the lady from WA had a name for this but I forget what it was.
      But in spite of all the I’m sorrys when our child was being angry and shouting at me he still did not step in to back me up. There is too much of that ‘non action’. Which feels like condoning aggressive behaviour and undermining me at the same time in such a clever insidious way.

Camel
      Participant

Apologies and tears are definitely just another tactic. Keep a look out for promises to change and get counselling. Declarations that he can’t live without you. Threats to harm himself…honestly, it’s like they follow a script.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content