Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Icecreamsundae
      Participant

Hi, I currently have a non-molestation order in place, that limits all contact. so far the ex is staying away but will use contact with our kids to try to speak to me. I wondered what experiences people have of abusive exes after orders end? I feel like he may turn up at my door the day after the order ends but don’t know if I’m being too anxious.

He seems to think that if I just talk to him he can convince me I’ve been over-reacting. It’s been years of physical abuse and constant coercion.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Icecreamsundae,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum! I hope you find the forum a supportive place to be with others who understand your concerns and can share their experiences.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d like to read replies to this post too. As I have the same concerns. Was just getting really anxious thinking about it yesterday.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content