Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dontknowwhy
      Participant

Hello,

I am new here and looking for a little advice please. I separated from my ex partner a lie of years ago however we have children together so need to remain in contact. I have a womens aid worker and I have counselling once a week. I am struggling with how he still manages to make me feel terrible about myself. Last night I received messages from him telling me I need to give him money each month because he (detail removed by moderator) and when I refused this he was messaging me nasty things that I am a bad mum. He had went (detail removed by moderator). I asked him to stop and leave me alone but he just kept messaging putting me down. I have blocked him from messaging me but I need to be able to have contact in case of an emergency with the children. I just don’t know how to make him stop and leave me in peace. I feel like he is not happy unless I am unhappy. He does this everytime there is an occasion, family birthday etc and I just don’t know where this will end or when. It is draining. Can anyone give any advice please?

KIP.
      Participant

Can you use a third party for all contact and cut him out all together. Any direct contact with you will being abuse. There are also parenting apps so you will have a record of his messages. You could involve the police if you feel the messages are abusive or unwanted. Definitely a third party for contact and hand overs. There is no need at all for direct contact then. Abusing you makes him feel big while it drains you of all energy and keeps you in survivor mode.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content