Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I’m just back from my second time counselling today and have realised one of my triggers for getting angry is when people disagree with me or I feel I’m not listened to particularly at work and this in turn makes me very anxious. I react to them in a defensive way. I actually think this is coming from how his (detail removed by Moderator). She basically re traumatised me and tore into me leaving me feeling very vulnerable and shaking.

She appeared to completely disregard what I was saying (detail removed by Moderator). Like I wasn’t being listened to.

However I’ve since realised I was listened to (detail removed by Moderator).

So I think I just need to relearn how to deal with people who are dismissive towards me or not to get angry with them but instead accept their reasons then give mine. Just trying to work out why I get so short tempered sometimes.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content