Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

I’ve agreed to try this and was wondering if anyone has had counselling via video link? We are going to start EFT which is hands on but will have to try another way.

hop
      Participant

That sounds pretty good kip. Because of the current situation my type of therapy can’t be done over Skype (we discussed it). I don’t know how building up the emotional connection would work? I don’t know though, sorry xx

KIP.
      Participant

I meant we were going to start EFT but cant. I’m not sure if the video link will be too impersonal but I don’t want to stop counselling as it’s good for me. I will definitely give it a try and see if we can make some sort of connection. The office is closed so I don’t have a choice. I suppose it’s just something I’m not used to. I’ve been seeing her for ages so I think we have a trust.

hop
      Participant

Oh I thought you were starting with someone new. I’m having phonecalls with mine. I didn’t want video calls it hate them anyway 💙

KIP.
      Participant

I think I might be more comfortable with the phone but we shall see

Cecile
      Participant

I had counselling by Skype video with a new counsellor person when a I had an injury and was housebound. For me it worked well, just wished I had a bigger screen! The counselling was my first step to where I am now so in retropsect it worked. I only ended it because I knew needed to see someone in the flesh and who knew about coercive control or had expertise in that and trauma. I am about to ask my current psychologist to see me by Skype for the next session. Video counselling is not as good as in person but if you have a pre established relationship that is a major advantage. I felt lucky to be able to do it when I needed it because otherwise I would have been completely isolated with multiple injuries.

KIP.
      Participant

Thanks, it’s probably very much the norm these days and with the current situation I bet it’s the way forward for quite some time. Will definitely give it a chance.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content