Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      changes4thebetter
      Participant

So after posting for the first time the other day and receiving support and advice from some lovely people on here i just wanted to share what i think are some good positive steps ive took this week for myself and hopefully in preparation to take that step and leave my partner. I spent 2 days participating in a first aid course and have also put myself forward to take part in 3 further courses coming up within the next few weeks ( stress management , confidence building and STEPS. ( cant wait to do them and hopefully give me the much needed boost i need right now ) really looking forward to doing the steps course it meant to help change your way of thinking when people drag you down. Ive still yet to ring the help line or even speak to my local services or even health visitor although i feel i want to i just aint been able to bring myself to do it. Dont know what to say or how to even raise the sibject.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Sounds like you are making some real positive changes. AS for the health visitor she has probably dealt with lots of parents in your position and hopefully she will be helpful or ring the helpline they know why you are ringing so it is not quite so hard to get some advice it will be suprisingly easy once you get the words out. Goodluck.

Serenity
      Participant

Amazing, Changes!

You’ve done so well to arrange all these things. Connecting with good things like this will really help build you up.

The Women’s Aid helpline is nothing to fear. They have people ringing them so often that they know all about abuse, and have good advice to give. When I rang I didn’t know what I was going to say, but they were so understanding that, in the end, the words flowed. I think it’s worth accessing one service that deals directly with abuse x

Ayanna
      Participant

The Health Visitor should know all the right referrals for you. Tell her you want an IDVA. She has a professional duty to help you. If you do not receive the right help you can complain. Domestic abuse is increasingly taken more seriously and changes are ahead of how victims are treated.
      Always be aware that you can complain if you are not happy with anything.
      They must see that you are doing a good thing, because you want to keep your kids safe. That is the ultimate motherly care and no bad consequences must come out of this for you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content