Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ellen b
      Participant

Hi I’m getting increasing worried my non molestion and occupation orders end soon I still have the restraining order given at sentencing in force but does that stop him coming to the house if I’m not there I’m waiting for phone calls to be returned I was hoping to be moved by now but he is still holding up the divorce and I can’t move until it goes through its so frustrating that he is still controlling my life.. He hasn’t done anything bar contacting my child to pass on messages which isn’t allowed but I still fear that he will come after me when the threat of prison if he breaks the orders is gone…I can have the restraining order amended to exclude him from the street of my new address (if I ever move) but then he knows where iv moved to but then I’m afraid not to have it altered my mind is fit to burst has anyone had similar problems

Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Yes, I’m dealing with that problem just now. You need to speak to a good solicitor. I’m putting orders in place. For my own sanity and protection. Be proactive. Log anything he’s done that isn’t allowed and tell your solicitor. Don’t give him an inch❤️

Ayanna
      Participant

You can apply for extension of the orders. Contact the NCDV, they will assist you.
      Regarding the divorce: there are deadlines to follow. If after a certain number of weeks he does not follow up the divorce you can do that instead and get the divorce over and done. It is easy. I did that and he was suddenly divorced, he did not like it, but do I care. x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content