Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshineee
      Participant

Hello everyone, I know this post isn’t directly about domestic abuse but I want to let this out. So I’m utterly heartbroken & devastated, I lost my step dad to coronavirus a few days ago. He helped me and supported me through the abuse and trial of my ex, he was an amazing fiancé to my mother and an amazing step dad to me and grandad to my daughter. Our world really had come crashing down. I hope everyone is following the rules and is staying safe, sending love to you all x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss Sunshineee, my condolences to you. I hope you are safe and free to grieve your loss. I find it unjust when good people are taking away, supportive ones that have been there for you during difficult times.
      Sending you lots of strength to you and your family. May he rest in peace darling. Sending you lots of love. 🕊

KIP.
      Participant

I too am sorry for your loss. It’s nice to be reminded that there are nice genuine men out there too x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hello Sunshineee, I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. Your stepdad sounds like he was a wonderful man, sadly something many men aren’t. Grieve for him, remember him and know that there are nice men after all.
      IWMB

lover of no contact
      Participant

So sorry for your loss. He was a true gentleman and there for you, your Mum and child. Thank God for men like him. May he Rest In Peace.

fizzylem
      Participant

This is so sad to read S, guessing the pain is immeasurable right now. It also warms my heart so much to read of such a kind, loving man; he helped you get through and for this you will always feel thankful – what a beautiful gift he gave and left you with x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am sooo glad you had a father like that in your life for the time you did and so very sorry he has passed. Can’t imagine your grief. I never had a father growing up, only a monster, so it’s nice to hear what a lovely wonderful man he was and how much he loved and supported you and everyone else around him. This is what a “real man” should be like. It’s important that we use models like him when allowing any man to come into our life and say – this is my standard and I will not be moved from it. Be easy with yourself now, let your grief run through you. He is with you, I am sure you know that. The seeds he has sown will continue to bloom anew in you.

guguta
      Blocked

I’m very sorry for you. I understand how difficult it is to lose the only person who helped you in difficult times. I hope people will take a more responsible approach to compliance with security measures. Unfortunately, not everyone wears masks and has hand sanitizers. Recently, I asked a woman in a supermarket why she didn’t wear a mask, and she told me that she couldn’t find masks on sale. I recommended her (link removed by Moderator). There is a large selection and good prices. I hope she follows my advice.

Beautifulday
      Participant

I am so sorry for your loss lovely, he sounds like he was an amazing man , take time to grieve and be easy on yourself sending you a big hug x*x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content